Saturday, July 6, 2019

Saturday Night Genealogy Fun-- Ellen's Questions- Part II

Calling all Genea-Musings Fans: 

 It's Saturday Night again - 

time for some more Genealogy Fun!!




1)  Ellen Thompson-Jennings posted 20 questions on her blog this week - see Even More Questions About Your Ancestors and Maybe A Few About You (posted 27 June). 

2)  We will do these five at a time - Questions 6 to 10 tonight (we did 1 through 5 last week)

3)  Tell us about it in your own blog post, in a comment on this post, or in a Facebook post.





6)  How many DNA companies have you tested with or transferred to? Have you tested at all the 5 major companies? 

I have tested with AncestryDNA. I have not transferred my DNA.

7)  Do you have an ancestor that had a successful business? Is it still in business?  

So far, I haven't found an ancestor with a business.

8)  How long ago was your last “genealogy/DNA happy dance?”

I can't really recall my last "happy dance", probably finding an ancestors' parents.

9)  Did you ever discover that a friend was also a distant cousin?

Not yet. 😊

10)  Do you have a genealogy brick wall? Do you think you will be able to use DNA to work past it? 


I haven't been about to find the parents of my 3rd great-grandmother, Loretta Baker. She probably changed her name. She must have been a complicated one because she is definitely complicating me! I have to do a different research approach and see what I can find. 



In some cases, it might be in other research projects, but I don't think DNA will help in this case. This is because there isn't a lot of research evidence to support DNA evidence. A few years ago, I thought I could have a possible pair of parents but found no documentation to support this theory. I found another tree with the exact same people attached to the other tree, then I immediately knew it was copy and paste genealogy.😔






No comments:

Post a Comment