Thursday, June 18, 2020

Sepia Saturday: My Times in the Library

Sepia Saturday provides bloggers with an opportunity to share their history through the medium of photographs. 



Courtesy to Pixabay


This week's photo prompt made me think about my time in libraries and reading. 


In elementary school, we did D.E.A.R (Drop Everything And Read) every dayexcept Wednesdays. For about 30 minutes or so, we (the students and teacher) had quiet time to ourselves to catch up on our reading. 


It was a requirement for students to have a book in their backpack. I didn't care much about reading in my younger years. Most of the time, I would get books from home and re-read them again at school.


As time grew on, my disliking for reading began to evolve, especially in 7th grade. My ELA teacher, Ms. Wicks, took my 6th-period class every two weeks to the school library. 


Once we got to the library, we had to check out a book, then proceed to read it or read the book some of us had brought with them.


She also gave many book recommendations, so many of her students would check the authors that she recommended.



Books were almost always OUT because so many people, including myself, would check them out them weekly.


Quiet Times


Every morning, my sister and I would go to the library, sit on a couch, do homework, study, and sometimes play games.



View other Sepia Saturday bloggers posts to this theme here



Thanks for reading,





No comments:

Post a Comment