Photo by Sixteen Miles Out on Unsplash I haven’t blogged in a while. For two years, I put this blog on private as I’d no longer had the willpower to push out blog posts the way that I did six years ago. I write a little more about this in my blog post Why Do You Do… ? Recently, I have revamped my blog. I have unpublished posts that didn’t reflect who I was then or who I am now, or those that felt too personal to share ‘out there’. I also removed posts I wrote just for the sake of posting content and main taining an audience, even when inauthentic to me. It means more to me that others feel the value and quality of what I share rather than the quantity. I am not sure how often I will post, all I know is when the inspiration and curiosity strike, that’s when it will occur. My intention for this blog is to lead with more spontaneity than usual, structured content, along with transparency, authenticity, and vulnerability to whatever degree feels right. My inte...
Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - Your Favorite RootsTech Connect 2021 Moment, Experience, Session, Feature
Calling all Genea-Musings Fans:
It's Saturday Night again -
time for some more Genealogy Fun!!
Here is your assignment, should you decide to accept it (you ARE reading this, so I assume that you really want to play along - cue the Mission Impossible music!):
1) Did you attend the free and virtual RootsTech Connect 2021 this week? What was your favorite moment, experience, session, and/or feature?
2) Put it in your own blog post, in a comment to this post, or in a Facebook post. Please leave a link in a comment to this post.
Yes, I did attend RootsTech Connect this week.
1) My favorite "moment" was finding out that RootsTech Connect website was live.
2) I couldn’t attend the Desktop Diner yesterday, but there was a genchat on Twitter on Friday about RootsTech Connect. I pitched in for a few questions.
3) It’s a bit hard to choose a favorite session since I have so many to watch. But, I really enjoyed African American Genealogy: Getting Past The 1870 Brick Wall and Finding Orphans and Their Records series.
4) I really liked the My Playlist feature. When a session title seems intriguing, then I can click the white “add” button For example, when I search “start your genealogy business” is doesn’t come up in the results.
Thank you to RootsTech and FamilySearch team for making this virtual event happen.
Thanks for reading,

Comments
Post a Comment