Sunday, August 2, 2020

Saturday Night Genealogy Fun- Did You or Your Children Know Their Great-Grandparents?

It's Saturday Night - 

Time for more Genealogy Fun! 


Your mission, should you decide to accept it (cue the Mission Impossible! music) is to:


1) Did you or your children know their great-grandparents?  

2) Tell us in your own blog post, or in comments to this post, or in comments on Facebook.  As always, please leave a link to your work in Comments. 




I didn't personally know my great-grandparents. All of them died before I was born. I was five years too late as my last great-grandfather died in 2002. My older sister was alive during two of our maternal great-grandparents' lifespan. Unfortunately, she never got an opportunity to meet them. 


As for my maternal cousins, it's a different story. They were born in 1984 and 1985. So they likely met a few of their five great-grandparents, if not all of them. I will have to ask my aunt to confirm if they got a chance to met a great-grandparent(s).


My paternal half cousins, one age 40 and the other age 30, probably met a great-grandparent. I don't have any documentation for this claim, but it could have been a possibility since they were of age to have known one. From what I have found, the one first child was living when our great-grandmother, Anna Harlan was alive until the mid-1980s. His mother, my aunt, was raised by her maternal grandmother, Anna McDaniel Harlan since her mother had her at a very young age. Given that information, my aunt was close to her grandmother and likely visited her with the her first son.





Thanks for reading,




No comments:

Post a Comment