Saturday, August 29, 2020

Saturday Night Genealogy Fun- Your "Other" Hobbies or Pastimes

Calling all Genea-Musings Fans: 

 It's Saturday Night again - 

time for some more Genealogy Fun!!



Here is your assignment if you choose to play along (cue the Mission Impossible music, please!):

1) What hobbies or pastimes other than "genealogy" do you have now or had in the past as an adult?

4) Write about it in a blog post on your own blog, in a Facebook post, or as a comment on this blog post.



I have a few hobbies, besides genealogy. I like music, writing, crafting, digital media, and reading.



Music - I love the arts, especially music. I play the cello. In the future, I hope to learn how to play many more instruments, but one is good right now.


Writing- This is probably obvious since I write a blog, but writing is something I like to do. I have kept a digital journal on my tablet for two years now - close to three in September - to document day to day life and my feelings about things. Recently, I have gotten interested in poetry. I have watched several videos about beginning poetry and taken a free course on FutureLearn.


Crafting- I have been crafting since I was eight years old. I use to like to make miniature things for my toys, but I stopped because I didn't have an interest for it anymore. Currently, I like paper crafting. Making items like junk journals and photo albums is something I like to do.  At times, I use Photoshop to create vintage digital collages sheets to possibly sell on Etsy.


Reading- My favorite genre is historical fiction. I haven't been reading lately, so I need to do D.E.AR. 



Thanks for reading,





No comments:

Post a Comment